Family and Community Resources
WELCOME TO ALAMOSA PARK'S PARENT RESOURCE CORNER
Hello and welcome parents! Here you will find a variety of resources, upcoming events and parent workshops at our school and in the community.
OUR FOUR AGREEMENTS
The Family & Community Engagement Network team created these guiding principles that reflect our values and beliefs in our work with schools, families, and our community.
We call them "Our Four Agreements" inspired by Don Miguel Ruiz's The Four Agreements.
- Always demonstrate and serve with love & respect.
- Meet the needs of our families, schools, and community.
- Collaborate and support as a Family and Team
- Be innovative, hopeful, and strong in empowering our families.
Vista Unified School District is committed to preparing all students to be college and career ready when they graduate. From Kindergarten to Senior year, we work collaboratively to promote a college prepared mindset in the district. Regardless of the path our students choose they will be able to obtain their goal because they have prepared themselves for the future.
WAVEpact incorporates this college mindset, along with the guaranteed admission agreement with California State University San Marcos, to open doors for ALL students in the district. We honor WAVEpact by wearing our college gear every Wednesday!
Learn more about WAVEpact here.
McKinney Vento Rights
You are guaranteed enrollment in school by the federal McKinney‐Vento Act and California state law if you live:
* In a house or apartment with more than one family due to loss of housing or economic hardship
* With friends or family because you are a runaway or an unaccompanied youth
* In substandard housing (without electricity, water, or heat)
* In a shelter (family, domestic violence, or youth shelter or transitional living program)
* In a motel, hotel, or weekly rate housing
* In an abandoned building, in a car, at a campground, or on the streets
PARTNERS IN OUR COMMUNITY
- Provides a safe place for kids to learn and grow
- Tutoring, sports and art
- Early education programs
- Toddler Center (18 months - 2 years)
- Pre-School programs (3 - 5 years old)
- 1/2 day and full day programs
- Networking events
- Educational workshops
- City events
- Promotes Vista business growth and success
- Community partner for schools
- Promotes Literacy for all
- Check out a book, CD, video
- Provides tutoring services
- Free classes