Description of Alamosa Park - click HERE.
Description of DLI Program at Alamosa Park – click HERE.
Alamosa Park is a Dual Language Immersion School (Grades TK-4)
Please click HERE for the VUSD DLI Presentation for additional information, or contact Principal Ruggles at (760) 940-0700.
What We Believe
Alamosa Park Vision & Mission
Alamosa Park Vision
Nurturing student leaders who explore, discover and connect to their world through Leadership, Engineering, the Arts, Design Thinking, and Science.
Alamosa Park LEADS the way!
Alamosa Park Mission
Provide a learning environment that cultivates leaders by engaging the heart and mind of every student and developing a spirit of empathy, creativity, perseverance, and collaboration.
VUSD Framework for the Future
Vision: Every student graduates from Vista Unified as a resilient, agile learner and creative problem solver who navigates the world with confidence and kindness and eagerly embraces local and global challenges.
- Kind and Confident
- Students are positive, patient, appreciative, reliable, and responsible.
- Students are resilient, self-directed learners who are self-aware and focused on a hopeful future.
- Curious and Connected
- Students are inquisitive, innovative, and able to adapt to new ideas, and situations.
- Students are committed to positively impacting their family, their community, and the world.
- Capable and Knowledgeable
- Students develop and apply deep core academic knowledge and skills and can make connections across subjects.
- Students know how to purposefully adapt communication to deliver information.
- Adults are motivating, inspiring, kind, compassionate, and empathetic champions for all students.
- Adults see and support all students, family members, and co-workers from a strength-based perspective, including inherent cultural wealth and identity.Adults hold high expectations for all students (just hard enough) while feeding aspirations and possibility-thinking (future self). Flexible and Innovative Facilitator
- Adults work well together, are trustworthy, honest, and committed to collaborate and to build connections with students, families, and other staff. Adults support learning that is student-centered, innovative, and tailored to meet the individual strengths, interests, aspirations, and needs of students. Open-Minded and Equity-Centered Learner
- Adults are learners open to new ideas, strategies, and practices that lead to continuous improvement in order to serve each and every student well. Adults engage in practices that are free from bias, are anti racist, and build on the unique strengths each learner brings to the classroom or each colleague brings to their role
Inclusive Culture Focused on Growth
- Our system builds a culture that fosters equity, empathy, and inclusion.
- Our system reinforces a values and strengths-based culture of growth.
- Joyful, Innovative, Rigorous, and Equitable Learning Environments
- Our system supports a culture of joyful learning, educational rigor, and innovation.
- Our system promotes care, belonging, and connection.
- Our system fosters creativity, curiosity, and engagement.
- Future-Oriented, Forward Thinking
- Our system is designed to be future-oriented and aligned to a dynamic, fast-paced global ecosystem.
- Our system creates sustainably designed, future-focused learning environments.
- Family and Community Partnerships
- Our system is built on a foundation of active community and business partnerships.
- Our system intentionally supports collaboration with schools and the community to provide service and real world experiences.
Alamosa Park L.E.A.D.S. the Way!
How we will behave and treat each other along the way toward realizing our vision
Knowing, valuing, and treating all with dignity
Transparency, honest communication, and integrity promote trust that every decision is focused on the best interests of our learners
A culture of continuous improvement that requires working in partnership with students, families, staff and the community will lead to better outcomes for all
Valuing diversity and providing equitable access and resources across the district for all students and adults to reach their full potential
Developing a compassionate, nurturing and kind learning and working environment.